Super Spicy Chex Mix For The Super Bowl!

Super Bowl 2016 ~ February 7!

Guests will arrive at my door HUNGRY and ready to watch the game!!! To keep their hunger at bay until I serve my Super Supper I will have bowls of Super Spicy Chex Mix for easy grazing.  So easy, I make this mix in my slow cooker!

chex mix

Makes 2 1/2 quarts

4 1/2 cups rice noodles (Rice noodles are sold in the grocery next to chow mein noodles. Do not use chow mein noodles for this recipe, the rice noodles are much more crisp.)

4 cups Rice Chex (I use the generic brand of rice chex for this recipe.)

1 can (9.5 ounces) salted cashews

1/2 cup butter, melted

2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch salad/dressing/dip mix (dry mix)

In a 5 quart slow cooker combine rice noodles, rice chex and salted cashews. Stir to combine well.

Melt butter and add spicy ranch dip mix. Whisk to combine well. Pour the butter mixture over the rice chex mixture, using a rubber spatula to get all of the butter mixture out of the bowl and into the rice chex mixture. Stir to combine all ingredients, making sure that as much as possible of the rice chex mixture comes is coated with the butter mixture.

Cover and cook for 2 1/2 hours on low.  Stir every 30 minutes.  Serve at room temperature.

Tagged: , , , , , , ,

7 thoughts on “Super Spicy Chex Mix For The Super Bowl!

1. Christina Nifong January 9, 2016 at 9:00 pm Reply

I made batch after batch of Chex mix this Christmas as gifts. My secret ingredient was paprika. Fun to see your recipe.

2. sizzlesue15 January 12, 2016 at 2:58 am Reply

Sounds delicious and just right to have as nibblies watching a game. Thanks for sharing with us at #Overthemoon linkup

3. Deborah @ Confessions of a mother runner January 15, 2016 at 1:50 pm Reply

Creative adding in the rice noodles! Yum I love Chex mix. We’d love to have you link up for Meatless Monday next week check it out

• Becky Ellis January 15, 2016 at 2:05 pm Reply

Thank you! I would love to participate in Meatless Monday next week…I will check it out! Have a fabulous weekend.

4. Liz @ I Heart Vegetables January 15, 2016 at 7:58 pm Reply

I loooove chex mix! This looks awesome!

5. nikkifrankhamilton January 24, 2016 at 8:55 pm Reply

Becky, this sounds really good, tasty and addictive! What I love, almost everything here is gluten free, it’s so hard to find snacks that I can have and this one sounds so delish. And the ability to make it in a crockpot? The absolute best!!!!

• Becky Ellis January 25, 2016 at 2:15 pm Reply

So glad you enjoyed my recipe! I am enjoying your blog so very much too!