10 Pleasant Surprises About M. Lawrence “Sex” Dry Rosé:
- This bubbly is from Michigan…wine from this state is new to me. I did not expect to like it, but I was pleasantly surprised. My husband said it tasted a bit like hard apple cider ~ that may be one reason I like it so much.
- Beautiful pink color…looks so pretty in the flute. Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grape blend.
- “Sex” costs less than $20 per bottle.
- Although this sparkling is made using the cuve close method, also known as the Tank Method or Charmat Method it still has lots of baby fine bubbles consistently racing to the top of the glass.
- There is a website dedicated to Michigan Wines: http://www.michiganbythebottle.com. Written by Shannon and Cortney Casey, certified sommeliers and suburban Detroiters who adore Michigan wine. Their website includes information about L. Mawby, the winery that makes the M. Lawrence “Sex” Dry Rosé: http://lmawby.com.
- L. Mawby winery,located on Leelanau Peninsula, produces sparkling wines exclusively. The winemaker describes the wine making process as:
Our wines are living things, raised with care, giving voice to our joie de vivre
(translated from French “joy of living”).
7. This bubbly reminds me of Michigan State cherries…a hint of cherry in the wine, but not so much as to make it sweet or overly cherry tasting, just a touch to make it pretty pink, fresh and lively along with the crisp apple notes.
8. The bottles are numbered, adding a little fun to the wine drinking experience.
9. Here’s the link to the story of how “Sex” got it’s name: http://michiganradio.org/post/michigans-sexy-sparkling-wine-has-interesting-history.
10. “Sex” is light and fresh… more of a sippin’ sparkling wine than a food pairing wine. Bubbly for a frolicking fun time…
You are invited to visit my Facebook page: Bubblybee