Poutine Poppers, Butter Chicken Spring Rolls…Appetizers In 10 Minutes!

As we head towards the lazy days of summer,  I am always looking for ways to get out of the kitchen and outside to the deck to visit with my guests.  Trade in my spatula for a glass of wine and reeeeelax. I have always been a proponent of homemade appetizers since frozen appetizers are usually tasteless and boring. So I was pleasantly surprised to find Private Selection frozen appetizers at Kroger that are actually quite delicious.  http://www.privateselection.com/about-us/

The Poutine Poppers are cheese curds, shredded potato and rich gravy in a deliciously crispy potato breading.  These little pops of yummyness are inspired by the rich flavors of Quebec cuisine.

So what the heck is “Quebec Cuisine”? From Wikipedia:

In Quebec, Poutine are French Fries topped with gravy and cheese curds.

Quebec’s traditional cuisine is as rich and diverse as the province of Quebec itself. The historical context of ‘traditional’ Quebec cuisine is from the fur trade period, and many dishes have a high fat content. The strongest influences on traditional Quebec cuisine come from the cuisines of France and Ireland.

Crispy without frying!

Butter Chicken Spring Rolls are inspired by the fragrant flavors of India and East Asia.  Beginning with chicken, vegetables and sweet and creamy Butter Chicken Sauce, this unexpected twist on the classic spring roll is a perfect way to add global flavor to your entertaining.

The Hatch Chili and Cheese Puffs (16 count) came in their own little bake-able tray (to help keep their shape) and took 25 minutes to bake. Buttery puff pastries filled with rich cream cheese and Monterrey Jack cheese blended with hot Hatch chilies and green chilies.  These little puffs do have a little bit of a bite to them!

This Notorious Pink Rosé wine was a very nice compliment to the Hatch Chili and Cheese Puffs.   The Notorious Pink is a Grenache Rosé with lovely strawberry notes.  I love the pink glass top and the wine has a very light pink tint as it is poured into the glass. $19 range.

And the Swan Song for the oven in my current kitchen before starting remodeling tomorrow…will it be Duck à l’Orange, Beef Wellington perhaps?  No…Tater Tots!  ( Alexia Garlic and Black Pepper Potato Puffs from Fresh Market which are actually yummy for a quick treat.)  http://www.alexiafoods.com/products/potatoes/crispy-seasoned-potato-puffs

Photo of the inside of a ruby-red tulip that greeted me on my walk this morning.

You are invited to visit my Facebook page: Bubblybee.

Tagged: , , , ,

10 thoughts on “Poutine Poppers, Butter Chicken Spring Rolls…Appetizers In 10 Minutes!

1. Ginger April 7, 2017 at 12:29 pm Reply

Thank you for bringing them over to the Fiesta Friday party! They look delicious and I cannot wait to have them with a glass of bubbly. All that’s missing is a bit of sunshine …
    Ginger x

• Becky Ellis April 7, 2017 at 12:30 pm Reply

Hopefully sunshine will be on it’s way soon. Happy Weekend! Cheers!

Liked by 1 person

• Ginger April 7, 2017 at 12:38 pm

It’s great hearing about all these different foods – Quebec seems such an interesting place so I am particularly excited 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Angie | Fiesta Friday April 7, 2017 at 12:42 pm Reply

Poutine poppers sound delicious. Whenever we go to Canada, we must have poutine. Surely it’s one of the best foods in the world!

Liked by 1 person

3. Becky Ellis April 7, 2017 at 12:43 pm Reply

I have not had actual Poutine, so that sounds like a good excuse to visit Canada soon!

4. petra08 April 7, 2017 at 8:29 pm Reply

I have never heard of Poutine poppers and butter chicken spring rolls?! Wow 🙂

5. Jhuls April 8, 2017 at 10:44 am Reply

I never had these before, but these sound amazing. Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday party. 🙂

6. Ann GrubbsnCritters April 8, 2017 at 7:28 pm Reply

I’ve never heard of butter chicken and it’s sounding truly fabulous! #FiestaFriday

7. FrugalHausfrau April 9, 2017 at 2:21 am Reply

What a nice review! I’ll have to be on the lookout for poutine poppers. Wow!

Happy FF.

Mollie

8. Christina Nifong April 10, 2017 at 3:02 am Reply

Yay for apps and spring and new kitchens! So good to see you Saturday, Becky!!