“People who love to eat are always the best people”… Julia Child knew that food brings people together in the best way possible. Now we have a new fun and delicious way to bring people together in Roanoke, Virginia. Tour Roanoke recently announced that they will add A Taste Of Naples at Fortunato in Roanoke, Virginia to their food experience repertoire . Tempt your tastebuds with an afternoon filled with Neopolitan Pizza, Negroni Cocktails, fun and intriguing conversation and wine. Here’s 10 of the best reasons to share this food experience with friends, family and colleagues:
- POP THE CORK! A glass of Frizzante (gently sparkling Italian wine) sets the stage for your Taste of Naples experience.
2. TEAM BONDING IN THE KITCHEN! Fortunato’s Chefs will show you all how to stretch and toss pizza dough, then top it with fresh aromatic ingredients to create magically delicious pizzas. You will enjoy noshing on the pizzas right after they come out of the 1000 degree wood-fired oven!
3. GOURMAND GUIDES! Curious about Neapolitan pizza, Italian liqueurs and craft cocktails? Your tour guides, chefs and bartender are bursting at the seams to share their knowledge of the history and lore of Italian food and how it fits into the Roanoke food scene. Thank you to Fortunato’s Chef Jeff Farmer for giving us a fabulous Naples Experience!
4. Fortunato’s Bar Manager and Bartender extraordinaire Jackie Gentry will teach you to mix a brilliante Negroni cocktail.
Jackie showed us how to flame an orange twist. Flaming releases the citrus oils from the fruit. After the flame burns out, rub the peel around the rim of the glass and put a larger strip of peel into the cocktail to serve.
5. YOU MUST TASTE AMARO! In Italian Amaro is the word for “bitter” and it will get your taste buds attention! An syrupy Italian liqueur made from herbs (rhubarb, chamomile, cardamom, saffron, myrrh and orange peel to name a few). Amaro is often drunk as an after-dinner digestif. It has an alcohol content between 16 and 40 percent!
6. LOVIN’ LOCAL! Attending the Taste of Naples Food Experience supports two local businesses: Fortunato and Roanoke Food Tours.
7. STELLINA! The coziest cocktail bar nestled up next to Fortunato. Open Wednesday – Saturday 5 p.m. until last call. After all that fun stroll over to Stellina and enjoy another Negroni di Fortunato or choose from the extensive list of craft cocktails. As noted in a recent New York Post article… These 10 tiny bars will give you the world’s biggest buzzes: “The hallmark of a good bar is its ability to make us feel a little less lonely by the time we leave. The hallmark of a good bartender is to bring that feeling to a simmer before sips meets lips. This little Virginian star achieves both.” (article by Perri Ormont Blumberg)
8. THE PEZZO FORTE! You can come back on Wednesday evening for half price pizza.
9. It’s easy to book your reservation…here’s the link: https://www.roanokefoodtours.com
Phone: 540-309-1781 or 1-800-656-0713. A Taste of Naples will be available in early 2018.