Lately I’ve been craving Avocado Toast…rich ripe mashed avocado on toasted baguette…it’s like butter baby!
Here’s “the rules” for making Avocado Toast which is an easy and healthy way to make dinner in a hurry:
- Purchase a good quality baguette from your local bakery (Big box store baguette won’t give you the yummy toasty goodness required for this recipe). Slice the baguette diagonally into 1/2 slices and place on baking sheet. Broil the baguette slices in the oven until lightly toasted. Remove from oven. (No butter or oil required!)
- Spread toasted baguette slices with ripe avocado. Keep avocado, tomatoes, red onion and other Avocado Toast ingredients in your refrigerator along with a baguette or two in your freezer so you will always be ready to make Avocado Toast.
- Have fun being creative with toppings ~ my personal favorites are chopped fresh tomato, finely chopped red onion, arugula and freshly ground black pepper.
- Many more ideas for toppings include balsamic vinegar drizzle, crumbled bacon, finely chopped hard boiled egg, chiffonade of fresh basil, squirt of lime juice, fresh corn off the cob, chopped green onion, crumbled goat cheese and toasted pine nuts. There are hundreds of ideas to top Avocado Toast on Pinterest too. https://www.pinterest.com/
- The important thing about the toppings for Avocado Toast is that they are fresh. I tried topping the avocado with a pre-made bruschetta topping instead of fresh tomatoes and it just tasted mushy. Embrace fresh for this toasty treat!
- Avocado Toast is easy to pair too…equally delicious with a chilled bubbly, red wine or fruity Sangria.
CHEERS TO A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!
Please follow my Facebook page: Bubblybee.net