Maharajah Curry Red Lentil Sausage Pepper Soup
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + a little extra for frying sausage
- 3 teaspoons Seasonality Seasonings Maharajah Curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 19 ounces mild Italian sausage
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup dry red lentils
- 2 cups chicken broth (or more if needed)
Put olive oil in a large pot over medium low heat. Add onion and peppers. Stir and saute for 4 – 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the peppers are cooked. Add curry powder and salt. Stir and remove from heat.
Pour a little olive oil in a saute pan. Add the sausage (any casings removed) and fry until the sausage is completely cooked. If there is a lot of fat in the sausage, drain the fat. Add the sausage to the onion and peppers mixture in the large pot. Add the petite diced tomatoes and stir. Add the red lentils and stir. Return to medium heat and add chicken broth. Stir and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Add more chicken broth if needed if a lot of the stock is absorbed during the cooking process.
Please read my wine and recipe blog posts on the Roanoker Magazine website: https://theroanoker.com/blogging
You are invited to visit my Facebook page: bubblybee
Please follow me on Instagram: bubblybeeboop